What's What on the Blog

If you love reading, you've (probably) come to the right place.

I post updates on books I'm reading, with detailed reviews, quotes from books I'm reading, book recommendations in the form of "If... then..." statements, tags, book hauls, and wrap-ups/TBRs. So basically I'm a booktuber, but in text format because my face is too dangerous for the internet.


On recommendations: I will occasionally post recommendations in the form of if... then... statements. (Ex: "If you liked The Catcher in the Rye, then you might like The Perks of Being a Wallflower). If you have a book that you like, and you want to find more like it, ask me! I'll try to find something. It doesn't even have to be a book you like. It can be a sport, a hobby, a movie, whatever. Just ask in the comments, and I will be happy to suggest something!

Disclaimer: I won't actually be telling you where to find the books, as I'm sure you're capable of that feat on your own. The title of the Blog is simply a reference to my favorite series of all time, Harry Potter (the reference being a parody of the title "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Goodreads tag!

This is going to be brief because I am extremely exhausted. I took a four hour exam today, and this was preceded by a five hour exam on Tuesday, and I've gotten very little sleep. So we'll see how this goes. And before I start, here's the link to my Goodreads page. Feel free to friend me, I accept pretty much all friend requests.

What was the last book you marked as read?

That would be The Awakening by Kate Chopin.


I legitimately fell asleep reading this book. And that doesn't happen. Ever. I understand why it's such a classic and such a big part of early feminist literature, and I think the themes in it are great, but it's so boring.

What are you currently reading?

A Game of Thrones, no surprise there, and Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I'm reading the latter for school and I can already tell that it's going to rip my heart out and smash it to pieces. Laura Hillenbrand, incidentally, graduated from the same college as John Green. Coincidence? I think not.

What is the last book you marked as TBR?

I mark like five books a day, but the most recent one was More Than This by Patrick Ness.

What book do you plan on reading next?

Man in the Middle by John Illig. I'm going to be reading that for the Bout of Books 10.0, which I will be participating in. I'm probably going to put aside GoT for that, just because it's so time consuming.

Do you use the star rating system?

Yup.

Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?

Yes, I am! It's set for 25 books right now, because last year I did 50 and that was extremely ambitious, but I'm eleven books ahead of schedule so I'll probably up it to 35 once I reach 24-25.

Do you have a wishlist?

Nope. My to-read list kind of doubles as my wishlist, because every once in a while I'll go through it and be like "Do I own that book? Nope! I should go buy it! Do I own that book? Yep! I don't have to go buy it!"

What book do you plan on buying next?

Well, a new copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone for starters (for more info on that fiasco, see my April book haul post). After that, depending on what books I get for my birthday and which ones I don't, I'll probably either buy World After by Susan Ee or The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith.

What's your favorite quote?

Sooo many... I'm just going to pick one from the first page of my quotes.

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - Neil Gaiman, Coraline.

Who are your favorite authors?

The ones I've followed/liked/etc on Goodreads are John Green, A.S. King, Patrick Rothfuss, Tamora Pierce, and J.K. Rowling. I think I would add Markus Zusak to that list as well.

Are you a part of any groups on Goodreads?

Yes, but I'm not an active participant in any of them... Oops.

What could Goodreads do better?

Absolutely nothing. Goodreads, you are perfect.

Yup.


No comments:

Post a Comment