What's What on the Blog

If you love reading, you've (probably) come to the right place.

I post updates on books I'm reading, with detailed reviews, quotes from books I'm reading, book recommendations in the form of "If... then..." statements, tags, book hauls, and wrap-ups/TBRs. So basically I'm a booktuber, but in text format because my face is too dangerous for the internet.


On recommendations: I will occasionally post recommendations in the form of if... then... statements. (Ex: "If you liked The Catcher in the Rye, then you might like The Perks of Being a Wallflower). If you have a book that you like, and you want to find more like it, ask me! I'll try to find something. It doesn't even have to be a book you like. It can be a sport, a hobby, a movie, whatever. Just ask in the comments, and I will be happy to suggest something!

Disclaimer: I won't actually be telling you where to find the books, as I'm sure you're capable of that feat on your own. The title of the Blog is simply a reference to my favorite series of all time, Harry Potter (the reference being a parody of the title "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").

Thursday, May 1, 2014

May TBR!

So apparently it's May 1st.


I'm not going to bother with an April wrap-up, because it's a little embarrassing and let's just not go there, okay? Okay.

For the month of May, these are the books I am looking to complete. I have no idea how many I'll get to - not many, if last month is any indication. It's also my last full month of school so I have no idea how busy I'll be. We shall see.

Anyway. First book on the list is:


A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Yes, I know it was on my April TBR. I know. Trust me, I know. I'm already half-way through this book, and it is so freaking long. Like, I don't normally complain about how long books are. Name of the Wind? No problem. Harry Potter? Easy. But holy freaking cow this book is long. I stayed up until one in the morning last night reading it, and I ended up reading about 93 pages. Ninety-three. I read less than a hundred pages. And I am not a slow reader. It's a good book, though.


Man in the Middle by John Illig. I just hauled this book in my last post so if you want to know more about it, check it out there. I'm pretty excited for this one.


World After by Susan Ee. I don't currently own this one, but I'm hoping to get it for my birthday (which is this month), because I need to read it before I forget what happened in the first one, which I read in March(?). The first one was pretty awesome, I really enjoyed it, so I'm pretty psyched for this one as well. If you don't know, the series takes place in a post-apocalypse kind of world, because the world was taken over by angels, who are apparently evil. Except for one. We think.

I'm not going to put any more books on here because I hate pigeon-holing myself like that, and also it will be a miracle if I finish A Game of Thrones with enough time to read anything other than the other two I've mentioned before the month is over.

Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment