What's What on the Blog

If you love reading, you've (probably) come to the right place.

I post updates on books I'm reading, with detailed reviews, quotes from books I'm reading, book recommendations in the form of "If... then..." statements, tags, book hauls, and wrap-ups/TBRs. So basically I'm a booktuber, but in text format because my face is too dangerous for the internet.


On recommendations: I will occasionally post recommendations in the form of if... then... statements. (Ex: "If you liked The Catcher in the Rye, then you might like The Perks of Being a Wallflower). If you have a book that you like, and you want to find more like it, ask me! I'll try to find something. It doesn't even have to be a book you like. It can be a sport, a hobby, a movie, whatever. Just ask in the comments, and I will be happy to suggest something!

Disclaimer: I won't actually be telling you where to find the books, as I'm sure you're capable of that feat on your own. The title of the Blog is simply a reference to my favorite series of all time, Harry Potter (the reference being a parody of the title "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").

Friday, January 2, 2015

Most Anticipated 2015 Releases

Hello happy readers, and a happy New Year! It's 2015. Wow. That happened. Of course, with every new year comes new book releases, so here's a quick list of some of my most anticipated new releases for the year. Please keep in mind that the release dates are tentative and may change. Also, if you want to know more about any of the books, I've linked their goodreads pages. Just click on the name of the book and it'll take you to its goodreads page.

The very first book on my list comes out in four days (Jan. 6), and that is Firefight by Brandon Sanderson.


Firefight is the sequel to Steelheart, book two in a series that I just learned about eight seconds ago is called The Reckoners. I wrote a mini-review of Steelheart in an earlier post if you want to check out what I thought of it, but basically it was a really good, really fast-paced read with HUGE plot twists and I'm super excited to see what's going to happen next.
Release Date: January 6th

Next on the list also comes out in four days. Say hello to Golden Son by Pierce Brown:


Golden Son is the sequel to Red Rising, a book which I have not yet read. Woops. I'm going to read it soon, though as it looks amazing, and hopefully the looming release of the second book will motivate me to read the first one. If you have already read Red Rising, congratulations (I'm super jealous of you) and I hope Golden Son is just as good (or better) than the first!
Release Date: January 6th



Next on the list is Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I believe that this is her debut novel. From what I've heard/read/seen, it's basically a dystopian-fantasy-X-Men hybrid, which sounds awesome.
Release Date: February 10th



Also released in February is A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. To be honest, I have no idea what this is about. I think there may be parallel universes. I'm not sure. All I know is that it's by V.E. Schwab (also known as Victoria Schwab), and that's good enough for me.
Release Date: February 24th



Armada by Earnest Cline is another one I don't know much about. Really, though, it's by Earnest Cline, the guy who wrote Ready Player One, so of course it's going to be awesome. I do know that apparently there are video games involved. And aliens. Yes please.
Release Date: July 28th

-

The next book on my list doesn't have any cover artwork yet, which is a shame because this author's books are usually so pretty. Jennifer E. Smith's new book is called Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between and although I don't know much about this one either (not for lack of trying. The goodreads summary is very vague), I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's a teenage romance. I'm actually not a huge fan of Smith's books, but I always end up buying them anyway because of the stunning (and matching) covers. I'm a sucker for stunning (and matching) covers.
Release Date: September 1st


This next one I am incredibly, very, super excited for.


Yes. Yes. Yes, Rainbow Rowell is writing an actual, physical, complete version of Carry On, the fanfiction that her main character from Fangirl, Cath, wrote. Yes.
Release Date: October 6th



Last on my very incomplete list is The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. Book one in his new Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series. Yes, Asgard. ASGARD. From what I've heard, it sounds pretty similar to the Percy Jackson series: weird stuff happens in boy's life, boy is confused, boy finds out he's the son of a Greek Norse god, boy must go on a quest to save the world, but that's okay because ASGARD. Also, I'm pretty sure part of it takes part in Boston, which is cool.
Release Date: October 6th

That's all I've got for now. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment