What's What on the Blog

If you love reading, you've (probably) come to the right place.

I post updates on books I'm reading, with detailed reviews, quotes from books I'm reading, book recommendations in the form of "If... then..." statements, tags, book hauls, and wrap-ups/TBRs. So basically I'm a booktuber, but in text format because my face is too dangerous for the internet.


On recommendations: I will occasionally post recommendations in the form of if... then... statements. (Ex: "If you liked The Catcher in the Rye, then you might like The Perks of Being a Wallflower). If you have a book that you like, and you want to find more like it, ask me! I'll try to find something. It doesn't even have to be a book you like. It can be a sport, a hobby, a movie, whatever. Just ask in the comments, and I will be happy to suggest something!

Disclaimer: I won't actually be telling you where to find the books, as I'm sure you're capable of that feat on your own. The title of the Blog is simply a reference to my favorite series of all time, Harry Potter (the reference being a parody of the title "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon!

Hey guys! So, I am participating in this weekend's 24-hour read-a-thon for the first time, and I'm super excited! It starts on Saturday at 8 am (here, where I live - the start time is different in different time zones), and basically you just read. For 24 hours. Or something. Yeah. I probably won't be reading the whole time, because I'm not sure my eyes can handle that much reading, but I'm going to try my hardest to read for as much of the day as possible.

What will I be reading? That's a good question.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Yeah, I'm still working on that book. It's been a slow month.

IF I finish that, I'm planning on starting A Game of Thrones.

I'm 99% sure I won't actually finish A Game of Thrones, but if I do I'm going to start Half Bad.

Yup.

Want to learn more about Dewey's Read-a-thon? Want to participate (did I mention prizes)? Go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment