What's What on the Blog

If you love reading, you've (probably) come to the right place.

I post updates on books I'm reading, with detailed reviews, quotes from books I'm reading, book recommendations in the form of "If... then..." statements, tags, book hauls, and wrap-ups/TBRs. So basically I'm a booktuber, but in text format because my face is too dangerous for the internet.


On recommendations: I will occasionally post recommendations in the form of if... then... statements. (Ex: "If you liked The Catcher in the Rye, then you might like The Perks of Being a Wallflower). If you have a book that you like, and you want to find more like it, ask me! I'll try to find something. It doesn't even have to be a book you like. It can be a sport, a hobby, a movie, whatever. Just ask in the comments, and I will be happy to suggest something!

Disclaimer: I won't actually be telling you where to find the books, as I'm sure you're capable of that feat on your own. The title of the Blog is simply a reference to my favorite series of all time, Harry Potter (the reference being a parody of the title "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's Read-a-thon Update #1!

Liz's Read-a-thon Stats:
Pages read so far: 189(ish)
Books finished: 0
Books started: 1

It's been exactly four hours and six minutes since I woke up this morning and started reading! I've actually been doing a lot more reading than I thought I would. Okay, so 189 pages isn't great for fours hours, but allow me to explain: I read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe in bed until about 8:30, then came downstairs to have breakfast and take care of the rapidly increasing multitude of animals in our house. Then, I read for a while, until about 9:30 when I decided to make some chicken noodle soup because it was raining out and when it's raining out, I just reflexively make something warm. I read off and on while doing so, then read while I was eating.

Then my grandmother called.

Yeah, that took up quite a big chunk of time. It's cool, though, I like talking to my grandmother. After that I decided to switch it up a bit and listen to an audiobook that I've had on my phone for quite some time - The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe. I honestly wasn't expecting to like it that much, but then I started listening to it and ASDFGHJKL;. Okay, 1) it takes place on an island. I love books that take place on islands. 2) The main character has TWO FERRETS. I have NEVER read a book where ANY character owns a SINGLE ferret. I LOVE FERRETS. I AM SO HAPPY. 3) It's written all in letters, which is a format that I love and can never find enough books in it.

So, right now I am listening to The Way We Fall and painting my nails. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment