What's What on the Blog

If you love reading, you've (probably) come to the right place.

I post updates on books I'm reading, with detailed reviews, quotes from books I'm reading, book recommendations in the form of "If... then..." statements, tags, book hauls, and wrap-ups/TBRs. So basically I'm a booktuber, but in text format because my face is too dangerous for the internet.


On recommendations: I will occasionally post recommendations in the form of if... then... statements. (Ex: "If you liked The Catcher in the Rye, then you might like The Perks of Being a Wallflower). If you have a book that you like, and you want to find more like it, ask me! I'll try to find something. It doesn't even have to be a book you like. It can be a sport, a hobby, a movie, whatever. Just ask in the comments, and I will be happy to suggest something!

Disclaimer: I won't actually be telling you where to find the books, as I'm sure you're capable of that feat on your own. The title of the Blog is simply a reference to my favorite series of all time, Harry Potter (the reference being a parody of the title "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Quotes from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe



First, let me apologize, because I don't have nearly as many quotes as I would like. This is a beautiful book, and I could in all honest just re-write the entire book here and it would all be beautiful quotes. Unfortunately, I only took down a few of the ones that grabbed my attention, so here they are (I also apologize for the awkward highlighting, my computer's being funky and I need to get back to reading):

“My mother and father held hands. I wondered what that was like, to hold someone’s hand. I bet you could sometimes find all of the mysteries in the universe in someone’s hand.” 

“Dante had this look on his face. He looked like an angel. And all I wanted to do was put my fist through his jaw. I couldn’t stand my own cruelty.”

“I’d figured something out about myself: on the inside, I wasn’t like my dad at all. On the inside I was more like Dante. That really scared me.”

“Probably, beer wasn’t good for boys either. But, you know, I was experimenting. You know, discovering the secrets of the universe. Not that I thought I’d find the secrets of the universe in a Budweiser.” 

“‘I’ll never lie to you about anything,’  he said
‘I might lie to you,’ I said. And then we laughed. And I thought, Maybe this will be the summer where there is nothing but laughter. Maybe this will be the summer.


“The summer sun was not meant for boys like me. Boys like me belonged to the rain.”

“The day he came home from the hospital, he cried. I held him. I thought he would never stop. I knew that a part of him would never be the same. They cracked more than his ribs.” 

“I thought of what my mom had said. ‘You talk like a man.’ It was easier to talk like a man than to be one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment